Once I started the 21 Day Fix, I realized I was eating very plainly, which is okay, but I needed more creative meals to keep myself going. I decided to make my own version of stuffed peppers by using the 21 Day Fix containers. So, here it is!
– 6 bell peppers (preferably red, yellow and orange as they cook well)
– 1 pound ground turkey
– chili powder, black pepper or another spice you enjoy cooking your ground turkey with
– 2 cups brown rice
– 1 cup black beans
– 1 cup corn (I use frozen corn and defrost it in the microwave before adding to the recipe)
– Daiya cheddar cheese
– Organic marinara sauce (I use 1-2 spoonfuls per pepper)
– Olive oil
Container Breakdown (see diagram below):
– 1 1/2 green (peppers, marinara sauce)
– 1 yellow (brown rice, corn, black beans)
– 1 red (ground turkey)
– 1/2 blue (daiya cheddar cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the top and center out of the 6 bell peppers. Place in an 11×7 greased (I use olive oil) baking pan with sides. Ensure your pan has sides as the peppers tend to shift around when you place them in and out of the oven during the process.
3. Begin cooking ground turkey on a skillet. I like to add a little chili powder and black pepper.
4. While the turkey is cooking, begin prepping the brown rice based on the instructions per your rice. I use minute brown rice and cook it on the stove so it is very quick and easy.
5. Once the rice is done, place in a large bowl and add the black beans and corn. Mix together. This becomes your yellow container mixture.
6. Now to begin stuffing the peppers! Fill a yellow container with the rice/black bean/corn mixture and fill a red container with the ground turkey. I like to mix both containers in a small bowl so that the turkey is evenly distributed. Once mixed, fill one pepper.
7. Continue to add the yellow and red container mixtures to each pepper.
8. Place pan of stuffed peppers into the oven for 25 minutes. Ensure that before you place the pan in the oven, the peppers are not touching each other or the sides of the pan. If they are touching each other or the sides of the pan, they tend to cook unevenly.
9. After 25 minutes, take the peppers out of the oven and sprinkle the Daiya cheddar cheese on top. Place back into the oven for 10 minutes.
10. Serve with a spoonful of marinara sauce either over the top of the pepper, or cut the pepper in half and add a spoonful of marinara sauce so that it covers both sides. I like cutting the pepper in half as the sauce is poured over much more of the pepper.
Now go enjoy 🙂
Are you interested in starting the 21 Day Fix? Email me at email@example.com